Shanghai and Beijing
In China, you’ll experience firsthand, the serenity of its people and the awe inspiring sites, many of which date back thousands of years. From the majestic Forbidden City in Beijing to the serpentine path of the Great Wall to the impressive terra cotta warrior statuary at Xian, you’ll thrill to the marvels of the beauty of this remarkable country.
Tour Highlights & Inclusives:
Guided Package Includes:
- Round trip international airfare departing from LAX, SFO or NYC. Other departure cities are available.
- 7 nights accommodations with buffet breakfast at hotel: 4 nights in Beijing, 3 nights in Shanghai.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary with modern air-conditioned motor coach.
- Entrance fees per itinerary.
- 17 meals: 7 buffet breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners including: Peking Duck Dinner in Beijing.
- One bottle of water or one soft drink per meal.
- Two bottles of water every day in your room.
- Entertainment: Cultural show in Beijing, Tang Dynasty Show in Xian, Acrobatic Show in Shanghai.
- All ground transfers.
- Professional English speaking tour guide in each city
- Domestic airfare: Shanghai/Beijing.
- Not Included:
- Airport taxes, Security fee and fuel surcharges
- China Visa application fee. Click Here for more information.
- Tips to guides, drivers and porters.
- Travel Insurance. We strongly recommend you purchase Travel Insurance, so that your travel investments are protected in the event of a sudden emergency and your will travel with “Peace of Mind.” Click here to get an instant quote.
* Add an extension to Hong Kong let us customize your very own dream extension.
Depart USA for Shanghai, China
Day 2 Arrive in Shanghai
Your tour of one of the most fascinating countries in the world begins in the most cosmopolitan city in China: Shanghai. An English-speaking guide will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
Day 3 Shanghai – B, L, D
Today you’ll revisit Shanghai’s past as you walk along the Bund, the city’s lively waterfront, and see the remains of the banks and other colonial institutions of the 19th century. Then you’ll visit Yuyuan Garden which is located in the center of the old part of city, and its beautiful ponds and centuries-old pavilions. Afterwards, you’ll tour the captivating Shanghai Museum to see artifacts from every period of China’s past. This evening, you will enjoy a thrilling acrobatic show.
Day 4 Zhujiajiao – B, L, D
This morning you’ll travel by road to Zhujiajao, a well-preserved, traditional river town with lovely water views, ancient arched stone bridges and elegant gardens. After lunch, you’ll return to Shanghai and visit the Oriental Pearl Tower, a renowned icon of Shanghai’s vibrant skyline, for a bird’s eye view of the city. Next, you’ll visit the Jade Buddha Temple.
Day 5 Shanghai/Beijing – B
Today you will fly to Beijing, the capital of the People’s Republic of China. An English-speaking guide will meet you at the airport, drive you to your hotel, and help you check in.
Day 6 Beijing – B, L, D
Your adventure begins in Tiananmen Square, the heart of Beijing and the largest public space on earth. Step back in time as you pass through the Gate of Heavenly Peace and enter the Forbidden City, home to the Imperial Courts of the Ming and Qing Dynasties for more than 500 years. The Forbidden City is an enormous complex of perfectly preserved palaces, temples, magnificent squares and formal gardens. You’ll stroll down cobblestone paths once known only to the Emperor’s most intimate advisors, visit the private chambers of Imperial concubines and see stunning collections of priceless art, furnishings, and jewelry. After lunch you’ll visit the Summer Palace, a fairyland of pagodas, pavilions and stone bridges on the outskirts of the city. Tonight you’ll enjoy a special cultural performance – Peking Opera.
Day 7 Beijing – B, L, D
Leave the bustle and traffic of Beijing behind and journey through the countryside to see one of the Wonders of the World – The Great Wall. There will be plenty of time to walk along a portion of this 3700-mile long marvel or to simply sit and contemplate the wonders of China’s past. After lunch you’ll visit the massive tomb complex of the Ming Emperors where you’ll walk along the “Sacred Way” passing between pairs of huge stone sculptures. Enjoy dinner tonight at a Beijing restaurant.
Day 8 Beijing – B, L, SD
This morning you’ll visit the Temple of Heaven, one of China’s most photographed attractions. This ornate wooden structure was where the “Sons of Heaven”, as the Chinese Emperors were known, worshiped the gods and prayed for good harvests. It is the largest temple complex in China and the lovely park surrounding the ancient tower is a popular spot for morning Tai Chi. After lunch you’ll forget about the skyscrapers and construction cranes of modern Beijing as you venture into a Hutong neighborhood, where the atmosphere of Old Peking lives on. You’ll bicycle or ride rickshaws down narrow lanes and alleyways, past vegetable markets, traditional medicine shops and tiny, wooden teahouses. This evening you’ll enjoy the capital’s most famous dining experience – Peking Duck Dinner.
Day 9 Beijing/ USA B
Say “zaijian” (goodbye) to Beijing. You will be driven to the airport for your flight home.
Shanghai: Galaxy Hotel
Beijing: Regal Court Hotel Beijing or Grand Chang An Hotel
Book Sandals Resorts
March 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31